Headquartered in Austin, Texas
Our professional staff includes Mechanical Engineers (ME), Professional Engineers (PE), Certified Energy Managers (CEM), and Facilities Specialists. HES has extensive experience and expertise in all aspects of energy management, including energy efficiency analysis, energy master planning, alternative energy sources, and building commissioning.
Energy consultation done right. Our focus is to provide practical solutions for every unique challenges. All projects (large or small) are treated with the same level of professionalism, because we understand and care about the real-life repercussion of each.
Jessica is a Certified Energy Manager with a mechanical engineering degree from New Jersey Institute of Technology. Jessica began her career in mechanical design and quickly got involved in various types of energy engineering, such as energy procurement, energy audits, renewable conceptual layouts, and sustainability benchmarking. This experience diversified into building commissioning and energy modeling—this involvement resulted in Jessica becoming a Certified Building Commissioning Professional, HERS Rater, and NGBS Verifier. In addition, Jessica has vast exposure in project management, construction administration, and extensive experience with utility energy incentive programs. All these connections and contacts pushed Jessica to open her firm, Harris Energy Solutions, in 2017.
- Jessica is blessed with two children, an older daughter and a younger son.
- Jessica loves hiking with her husband and children on Sundays (weather permitting.)
- Jessica recently published her first children’s book “Bernie’s Escape from Ong” about the dangers of plastic pollution in the ocean.
- Jessica loves to travel and has been all over the world exploring different cultures and food!
Director of Energy Services &
Lead Commissioning Agent
Deng is a professional engineer with expertise in all aspects of Energy Engineering. He graduated from SUNY Maritime College in 2009 and immediately started work in the energy consulting field. With extensive hands-on knowledge in Energy Auditing, Commissioning, and Retro-commissioning, he took a strategic career path change from consulting to being an owner’s representative for New York City. At DCAS Energy Management, his role was to mass implement Energy Efficiency Projects for all building typologies and demonstrate the validity of energy savings after implementation. His unique experience allows him to bring perspective in both engineering theory and the practical challenges in designing and executing implementation programs at a large scale.
- Outside of work, Deng likes to play with his two (2) sons.
- Deng has developed a fond appreciation of talking a walk after dinner with his eldest son.
- Deng finds it to be very therapeutic and calming, especially after a hectic day.
- Deng also enjoys singing Karaoke. His wife gave him the nickname “The Karaoke Machine.”
Energy Analyst & Director of Education Outreach
Abigail is currently attending Texas State University for a bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary sciences. Abigail has been an Energy Analyst for Harris Energy Solutions since 2019. She has a passion for sustainability and relates to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Her diverse experience includes building modeling, solar design, data collection, and analysis. In addition, her interest in education and environmental sciences drives great strengths in research and development, critical problem solving, and analytical thinking.
- Outside of work, Abby is studying Elementary Education at Texas State University! Eat ’em up cats!
- Abby enjoys hiking and spending as much time outside as possible.
- Abby also enjoys relaxing and listening to music, her favorite artist right now is Harry Styles.
- Abby’s dream vacation would be an all-expenses-paid year-long trip to Europe! [Harris Energy better start getting international contracts!]